Due to hurricane Irene, the coast of the Outer Banks has been altered leaving us with two new inlets and damaging the road to the southern beaches. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of our fellow Outer-Bankers in the South and to all who have had disrupted travel plans.
Since you might not be able to travel south to see the Bodie Island Lighthouse on your sightseeing trip around the Outer Banks, here it is in cake form!
Some other spots you will want to add to your list of places to see while on the Outer Banks:
- Corova (otherwise known as 4 x 4). Go check out the wild horses running free and enjoy a relaxing day on the beach. Note: you WILL need a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
- Wright Brothers National Memorial. The Outer Banks is home of the first flight. See where the first flight took place!
- Jockey’s Ridge State Park. This is the tallest natural sand dune on the east coast. Note: avoid going on a windy day…talk about sand burn.
- North Carolina Aquarium in Manteo. They have an amazing shark tank. Not to mention, this is a popular wedding venue that always makes for breathtaking pictures.
- The Lost Colony in Manteo. After an afternoon at the Aquarium, enjoy the production at The Lost Colony that brings to life the mystery of the lost colony. Note: Bring bug spray.
Enjoy your trip around the Outer Banks taking in all it has to offer!
- Love is Sweet